Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Finally
















Finally, getting a chance to update everything. Alot has happened since August. Nakyhia went to her 15 month check up in August. She is scheduled to go to the Midwest Eye Institute on December 2. Her left eye goes inward, like a lazy eye. I can't tell that it effects her vision but hopefully it is something we can fix while she is little. Not looking forward to it but I hope we get some answers. She is learning so much. She truly is like a little sponge. It is amazing to watch her change day by day. She knows the sounds of a cow, rabbit, (she crinkles her nose & sniffs), a horse, a cat ( this is the cutest sound!), an indian, & an annoying whining when I ask her how Nakyhia goes. She likes to help with various chores. She likes to be in the kitchen while cooking. The other day I gave her my oven mitts to play with while in the kitchen. She put them on her hands & went to try & open the oven. It was funny. Mommy doesn't like to cook but at least she thinks I do. She helps put clothes in the dryer. She likes to "try" & help fold clothes. She is pretty much always busy. She loves to read books. She definately has her favorites which both mommy & daddy have almost memorized them.

We went on our first family vacation in October. Wasn't looking forward to the 15 hour drive but she did good. She suffers from motion sickness in the car and doesn't like her carseat. We left at night & drove straight thru. She only got sick 2x on the way down & 1x on the way home. It wasn't fun on the way home, we had to ride in the back with her. YUCK!! My mom lives in North Topsail Beach, North Carolina. We stayed with her for a week. We didn't do awhole lot but had a good time. Nakyhia liked the ocean. Next year we will have to go earlier so the water will be alittle warmer. I can't wait to take her to Disney World. This is a good time to do kids things again & not be looked at funny if you do them by yourself. I also can't wait to go to the zoo again. We went this summer but I think she will be much more impressed next year.
Things are going well with the Vaughan family. Eric works alot but has had a lot of time off in the last month with vacation. It has been nice but now it is back to reality. He has a very demanding job & sometimes it gets stressful with him always gone but hopefully things will be easy thru the holidays. We aren't ready for the cold weather but I'm ready for the holidays. I don't feel I really spend enough time with my family. This is a time we can all relax & enjoy the company of others. I have posted various pictures from all sorts of things. I'm not real good about this picture stuff & how to get them where I want them. So they are all mixed up in here. Sorry nothing exciting on here. I guess no news, is good news. Maybe more next time!!!!
(Natalie, the little boy in this post with Nakyhia on the John Deere Buck, is Amy Nelson's (Callahan) little boy, Calvin Conrad. They are 3 months apart in age but very close to the same size. they are funny together. )
the one picture is Nakyhia loving on daddy after we got new carpet in the living room. We had enough of the hard wood floors. We can't get on the floor now without alittle monkey climbing on our backs!!!

No comments: